Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Love Like

I have been memorizing 1 Corinthians chapter 13 for the last few weeks and as I continue to speak the words it is seeping down inside me just how deep and comforting and perfect HIS LOVE is for us.  What an unspeakable blessing to know that when I walk in His love I am ALWAYS cared for and protected; forgiven; and above all that he will never stop persevering in His love for me.

Love is.....
Patient
Kind
Does not envy
Does not boast
Is not proud
Is not rude
Is not self seeking
Is not easily angered
Keeps no record of wrongs
Does not delight in evil
Rejoices in the truth
Always protects
Always trusts
Always hopes
Always perseveres
Never Fails

This is the love I have in my Father in heaven.  What joy - what peace comes as I read this and know IT IS TRUE AND CONSTANT. 

I desire to walk in this knowledge at all times and with His help begin to love others in my life in this way.  He said in His word that people would know us by our love.  And who wouldn't notice and be drawn to someone who loves them like this. 

Let us all begin to reflect our Daddy more as we love like he does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment